Every video game lover don’t want any issue while playing games on PC. But unfortunately sometimes we will end with strange errors while playing our favorite games. The same is happened to me. I have recently got Fallout 4 game. I installed it properly. When I try to open it, Fallout 4 crashes on startup. Like any other gamer, I dreamed of playing it like crazy while installing it. But I got stucked at Fallout 4 crashing on startup error. This error does not stop me from playing the game because I found a solution to fix the error.
I also helped many of my fellow gamers and friends facing the same issue. What I learned while fixing the Fallout 4 crashing issues is, not every computer can be fixed with single solution. So I decided to write a guide on possible causes of the issue and ways to fix them. If one method won’t works for you, Try other methods.
HOW TO FIX FALLOUT 4 CRASHING ON STARTUP ISSUE
This issue involves both hardware and software problems. We can easily fix software issues. But to fix hardware issues, we need external support. So, We will try to fix software problem first as it is easy and it won’t require external support. If fixing software issues does not resolve the issue, We will try to fix the issue by resolving hardware issues.
METHOD 1: DISABLE ANTI-VIRUS TO FIX FALLOUT 4 CRASHES ON STARTUP
Many anti-virus softwares and Firewall on the system prevent this game from opening. Just disabling them for some time will allow us to open and play the game. Disabling anti-virus is very simple. Simply follow steps given below if you don’t know how to disable it.
- Tap show hidden icon button on task bar. It will show you all back ground programes running on your computer.
- Identify your anti virus program icon and right click on it. Tap Disable or Quir or Exit whatever option is there to terminate to program.
Now go ahead and open the game. You will able to launch Fallout 4 game without any crashing issues. If you are still facing the issue, Follow remaining methods given below.
METHOD 2: ADJUST MOUSE ACCELERATION
On most of the computers, mouse will accelerate at much higher speeds than what it should be while running heavy game. This may cause Fallout 4 crashes on startup issue on your computer. This can be easily fixed by modifying the configuration file of the game. Here’s how we can do this.
- First of all, navigate to system Fallout 4 folder. You can easily do this by following the navigation address given below.
- You can easily find Fallout4config file in this folder. Right click on the file and open it with text editor.
- In the text file, search for iPresentinterval. You can use press CTRL+F, If you are unable to find it manually. Change it value from 1 to 0. Change the values of Fallout4prefs and bForceIgnoreSmoothness from 1 to 0 in the similar way. Reducing mouse acceleration will fix Fallout 4 crashes on startup problem.
- After changing values, Save the file (Use CTLR+S).
This will fix the mouse acceleration issue on your Windows computer.
METHOD 3: CHANGE GAME SETTINGS
Some times higher setting in game leads to crashing issues. We need to keep all settings to their minimum in order to fix Fallout 4 crashing issue. We need to tryout different options and launch the game. Here’s the settings I changed on my friends computer to fix Fallout 4 crashing on startup issue.
- First and foremost setting to adjust is, Resolution of the game. If the game default resolution is conflict with screen resolution of the computer, It will eventually crashes out. To fix this, we need to adjust the resolution of the game is such a way that it fits the laptop/computer screen.
- Full screen boarder less window of the game may cause Fallout 4 crashes on startup issue some times on your computer devices. Changing the game settings to play it in window mode will work better.
- Some times, we might be running our computer in batter saver mode which reduced the resource usage on the computer. This will eventually cause crashing issue on high resource demanding games like Fallout 4. To fix it, simply change the batter setting to High Performance mode. This will make our PC to work in full throttle level.
METHOD 4: VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES
In order to play the game properly on your computer device, steam client has to verify the integrity of game files. This will make sure your computer did not miss any game files. It also ensures you have installed the game properly. Here’s how we can use this feature to fix Fallout 4 crashes on startup issue.
- Launch Steam. Click on properties. Find Fallout 4 game. Right click on Fallout 4 and click on properties.
- In the properties, Click on local files. There you can find Verify Integrity of Game Cache option. Simply tap on it. Steam will automatically check game cache and local files. This process will take some time. This will fix Fallout 4 crashes on startup error on windows 10 PC.
- After completion, Simply restart the system. Now launch the game. Fallout 4 will work without any crashes.
Some times, it may so happen that your device does not fulfill the requirements of the game. In that case, we need to upgrade your system hardware. Contact your system manufacturer to do so.
One of my friend has a system which fulfill all requirements of the game, But still he is facing Fallout 4 crashes on start up issue. We checked everything and gone though all software fixes. Finally What I found is, He has been using Graphics Card from long time and its got damaged. So he is unable to play the game. So keep an eye on your Graphics card.
Are you able to fix Fallout 4 crashes on startup error by following above steps? If you are still unable to fix the issue, Please let us know via comment box below. We will try to address the issue. If you are able to fix the issue, Please share this guide with your fellow gamers facing similar issues as it will help them.