After a long gap of eight years, Icy Installer comeback with updated version. Now it is compatible with iOS 11 to iOS 7 jailbroken devices.
What is Icy Installer 3 ?
Icy Installer 3 is a package manager based on DPKG designed for iOS devices. It was originally developed RipDev (Russian iOS developer) for iOS 2. Many people take this project and left it after some time. After eight years, tweak developer ArtikusHG undertake this project. He rewrited IcyInstaller for iOS 2.0 and released V 3.0 which is compatible with latest iOS 11.
The most prominent feature of Installer 3 is, its loading speed. As compared to Cydia, Packages loads on this installer very quickly. Apart from that, Its very light weight application compared to Cydia. Here are the list of features.
- Launching speed of Icy is pretty fast.
- Latest version V3.2, allow us to add third-party sources to the installer. Loading speed of packages is quite fast. It won’t take more than two seconds if you we have good internet speed.
- Supports Dark Mode, Portrait and Landscape orientation for iOS devices running on iOS 7 – iOS 11.
- Stunning interface with shiny design.
- Option to choose respring, uicache, do nothing after installing package. We can repring the device only once after installing multiple packages.
Does Icy Installer 3 Support Rootless Jailbreak
For people new to rootless jailbreak, Rootless jailbreak allows us to install the tweaks on iOS devices without altering root files. It will the future of jailbreak. Icy is not using APT to install packages. So, It will support Root less jailbreak. Icy will continue to work even if APT breaks.
Icy Installer 3.2 is compatible with iPhone/iPad running on iOS 7, iOS 8, iOS 9, iOS 10, and iOS 11. It supports all iterations of these firmwares. Its also compatible with iOS 12 after jailbreak is available for it.
Note: The first version V 3.0 is not compatible with 32 bit devices. The latest version V 3.2 is compatible with both 32 bit and 64 bit devices.
How to Download & Install Icy Installer 3 on iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch
Before going install Icy make sure your using iOS device running on compatible firmware.
- Lauch Cydia.
- Tap sources. Click on Edit and Tap Add.
- Enter the Icy Installer 3 repo address given below in the prompt appear and Hit Add source.
- Now use search bar and search for Icy and Install it.
- You can find Icy’s icon on your home screen. Tap on it to launch.
- On some devices, Its crashing as soon as we launch it.
- There is a resolution issue with latest iOS devices like iPhone 8 and iPhone X.
How Icy will be better than existing alternatives?
As already tools, Icy is better than Cydia in terms loading speed. Moreover, It does not have any control over third-party sources. We can add any source and install it. Support for rootless jailbreak is most advantageous features over other installers.
Though Icy Installer has few bugs, Its great Cydia alternative package manger. Developer is working on fixing the issues. If have any issue or want to share you experience, Inform us though comment box below.Follow Us