IPAPatcher is a Cydia tweak which allows us to install IPA files without any errors. Here’s how to install IPAPatcher on iPhone, iPad running on iOS 11 with Electra jailbreak.
WHAT IS IPAPATCHER?
Many iOS users usually back up IPA files for future use. Its better to store them at one place. These IPA files will be useful to install tweaks and apps at once when we upgrade iOS firmware or when we accidentally deleted apps. These IPA files will also be helpful when we restore our iOS device.
The problem with these dumped IPA files is, They get decrypted over a period time. If we try to install them after long time, we will end up with some errors or crashing the application. These dumped IPA files generally missed some platform entitlements. So, We will end with an error. This is exactly where IPAPatcher Cydia tweak comes in.
All this does is sign the IPA’s binary with platform entitlements so that one can easily install the IPA with IPA installers like AppSync. This should also fix crashing issue after launching the app.
HOW TO INSTALL IPAPATCHER ON IOS 11
- iPhone/iPad with Electra jailbreak.
- Internet connection.
- Terminal app.
- Filza file manager.
Before going to install the application, Make sure your iDevice compatible with this tweak.
IPAPatcher tweak is compatible with iOS 11 firmware. But its working only on iOS 11 – iOS 11.3.1. iOS 11.4 is not compatible with this tweak. Also, We can only use this tweak if we jailbreak the device with Electra. Other jailbreaking tools are not compatible with this tweak.
Follow the simple instructions given below to install this tweak without any issues.
- Launch Cydia on your iOS device.
- Select Sources. Tap Edit and click on Add.
- A small prompt will appear on the screen. Simply enter the repo address given below in the prompt and tap Add Sources.
- Now use search bar to find IPAPatcher package. One you find the package, select it.
- Tap on install option to install the tweak.
- Once you finish the installation, Restart the spring board to ensure all changes takes place.
This tweak only woks with IPA dumped with bfdecrypt.
Now we will go ahead and patch the IPAs with bfdecrypt with IPAPatcher so that we can install them without any issue.
- First of all, Launch the Terminal on your iPhone/iPad devices. Login to it as a Administrator. If your login to it as a Administrator, It will automatically open the root directory i.e, /var/mobile root#
- Now open Filza file manager. Navigate to the location where IPA file is located. Select the IPA file and Tap the copy option at the bottom left corner of the screen. It will automatically copy the IPA file location to clipboard.
- Get back to Terminal and type in ipapatcher followed by a space.
- Now tap and hold on computer screen. Two options will be Copy and Paste visible. Tap on Paste option. Now your command should looks like /var/mobile root# ipapatcher /var/mobile/temp/example.ipa
- Simply tap on Return/Enter option on Keyboard. Now the Terminal will automatically excutable series of command on the screen.
- Once the process finished, The output IPA file (Patched) will be saved to documents location on your iDevice. The output file location is also found at the last line of Terminal. If you want, You can also manually navigate to that location using Filza.
- Now you can use any IPA installers like AppSync to install the IPA without any errors. Before installing IPA with AppSync or ext3nder make sure you are using patched IPA instead of dumped IPA file.
Once we patch the IPA with this tweak, We can also use PC apps like Cydia Impactor to install them right away.
It is also possible for us to bfdecrypt any app and take IPA back of that application for future use. Here’s how we can do that.
HOW TO DUMP ANY APP ON IOS
To dump any app on iPhone/iPad we need to bfdecrypt tweak. To do this
- Lanch Cydia. Go to Sources and https://level3tjg.github.io repo.
- Search for bfdecrypt in Cydia, Once you find the package, install it.
- Now Go to Settings and Enable bfdecrypt for an app. This is not general option. We need to enable it each app we want to dump.
- Now open the app you want dump.
- The bfdepcrypt IPA file of application will automatically saved to app’s documentary directory. You can store this IPA file for future use.
Though many IPA files are patched successfully, Some are showing error. In some cases, we are able to install the IPA but app crashes as soon as we launch it.
Apart from few issues, IPAPatcher Cydia tweak working very well to patch bfdecrypt IPA files. This tweak will be a great option to install dumped IPA file without any issues. If you have any issues with the app, drop a comment below. We love to help you.Follow Us