NoMoreDisabled is a Cydia tweak to prevent iOS device from permanent PassCode locking. Here’s how to download and install this tweak on iPhone/iPad jailbroken devices.
Undoubtably, iOS devices are most secured devices in the world. Apple incorporated passcode security lockout feature from from iOS 7 on words.
How Passcode Security Lockout Works
This is a security protection features prevents anyone from unlocking iOS devices after few failed attempts. It locks any user as follows.
- iPhone/iPad will be locked for one minute after six failed attempts.
- For seven failed passcode attempts, iOS device will be locked for five minutes.
- Eight and nine failed attempts will leads to 15 minutes and one hour locking respectively.
- After tenth failed passcode attempt, Either your iPhone/iPad will lock you out permanently or erase your data depending on settings.
Even, if Erase Data option is disabled in Settings, One needs to perform a clean iTunes restore to use the device again. If your data is not backed up, You will have to lose it permanently. This is exactly where NoMoreDisabled Cydia tweak comes in. You will not be disabled anymore for too many incorrect passcode attempts.
There are some instance where you will end up too many failed passcode attempts. Some of the examples as follows.
- If you have Kids at your home, they may try to unlock your phone with combination of numbers. They fail at 10th attempt, We won’t have any other option except to restore the device.
- We may have multiple iOS devices, We may end trying one device’s password to another.
In above conditions, this tweak help us to prevent permanent passcode lockout.
Is It Safe to Use NoMoreDisabled Tweak
Disable any security feature will lead the device more vulnerable to any kind of attacks. If we disable permanent passcode lockout feature, attacker will try to open the device by inputting more and more numeric combination in passcode field.
Having said that, If you want to get rid rid of permanent lock due to our fault, Go ahead and try this tweak.
How to Disable Permanent Passcode Lock out After Too Many Failed Attempts on iOS 10 – iOS 11
To avoid this permanent passcode lockout, we need to install this tweak. It is comatible with device running on iOS 10 to iOS 11.3.1. Here’s how we can do this.
- Launch Cydia on your iOS device.
- Tap on sources. Click add.
- Enter the repo address given below in prompt and hit Add sources.
- Now search for NoMoreDisabled tweak and install it.
- Now Restart the springboard to respring the device.
This tweak will be enable automatically. We don’t need to manually setup this tweak. Now you can input as many passcodes as possible. Your device won’t be locked any more for too many failed passcode attempts.
Note: After too many failed passcode attempts, wait for one minute before entering correct passcode.
If you enter right passcode immediately after too many invalid passcodes, You device won’t be unlocked. We need to give one minute gap before entering right passcode. Best part about this tweak is, the lock screen will remain functional and we can use it which ever way we want.
NoMoreDisabled tweak will be the great option to avoid the consequences after too many failed passcode attempts. Try this tweak and tell us our experience in the comment box below.Follow Us