Xbox One is one of the most popular gaming consoles these days. Several versions of the hardware have been released. Xbox is primarily connected to your TV, where you can see its interface and play the games. But, what if you don’t have a TV for some reason. And, what if you still wish to play your favorite videogame? Thankfully, there is a way to do it if you have an iPhone.
There is a free version of OneCast app you can install on your iPhone and stream all the Xbox One games you like. In fact, this app can be used to stream the Xbox games to your Mac computers as well (but this guide only covers the iOS part).
In this guide, I will show you how to install One Cast iOS app on your iPhone or iPad devices.
The free version of OneCast works on the following devices:
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone X
You must have one of the following iOS firmware versions:
- iOS 10 (including all its iterations)
- iOS 11 (including all its iterations)
- iOS 12 (all the released versions)
Here are some of the prerequisites to download One Cast on your iOS device:
- Mac or Windows computer.
- Internet connection (on your computer).
- OneCast IPA File: Get it from here.
- Cydia Impactor: This tool is used to side load the OneCast IPA file onto your iPhone from the computer. Download Cydia Impactor from http://www.cydiaimpactor.com. Make sure you download the correct version for your OS. Cydia Impactor is a portable app and does not require installation. You can start using it straightaway.
Note: You still need an Xbox One with its controller to play your favorite games. With this app you are only mirroring the game onto your iPhone. Your Xbox must be connected to the internet for it to send the stream to the iOS device.
INSTALL ONECAST APP ON IOS (IPHONE/IPAD)
Here is how you can install this app onto your iPhone using Cydia Impactor and computer:
- Run the Cydia Impactor tool on your computer.
- Connect your device to the computer using the USB cable.
- Wait for the Cydia Impactor to detect the device. Your device will appear in the dropdown of this app.
- Now go to the folder where you downloaded the OneCast IPA file.
- Drag the file and then drop it on the Cydia Impactor interface.
- When prompted, enter your Apple email-id and password.
- Click OK.
- The installation will start, wait for it to complete.
- Once the installation is finished, disconnect the device from the computer.
- Now, on your device go to the home-screen where you will find the OneCast icon.
- Now, all you need to do is run the the app and sign in with your Xbox account.
Connect your Xbox and iOS device to internet. Now open the One Cast app on your iOS device and select your Xbox device. Now your Xbox will be automatically mirrored onto your iOS device. Enjoy all Xbox games for free on iOS devices with this app.
Here are some of the top features of the OneCast for iOS app:
- This app lets you stream your Xbox screen onto your iOS device for free
- You don’t have to be on the same Wi-Fi network as your Xbox to stream the Xbox content
- You can stream any game from your Xbox onto iOS with this tool.
So, here is how you can install the OneCast app on your iOS device and play any Xbox One games on it. The best thing about this method is that it does not force you to jail break your iOS. Jailbroken devices lose warranty and also are often vulnerable to threats lurking on the internet. I hope you enjoyed reading this guide as much as I loved writing it.Follow Us