Snowboard is a Cydia tweak aimed to customize the iOS device with variety of themes and icons. Its a light weight application working smoothly on all iDevices running iOS 7 or above.
WHAT IS SNOWBOARD?
This tweak is a better version of WinterBoard developed by Saurik. Though WinterBoard is good tweak, It is not compatible iOS 9 or above. Now this tweak is redeveloped by Spark Dev and released under the name Snowboard.
You can give a completely different look and feel to your iOS with this tweak. Not only does it let you change the theme but also the icons. You may change all the icons at once or modify only the select icons. Here are some features of this application.
- Battery friendly.
- Widget support.
- Support themes from Anemone and Winterboard.
- Feature to customize the respring logo.
- Ability to customize icons.
- Feature to apply the theme for icons.
- Individual icons customization.
In this guide, I will show you how to install and use this tweak, which is rapidly becoming the top chosen alternative to Anemone. It is used to theme up your iOS device. This service works on a wide range of iOS devices such as iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad.
This tweak is available on a wide range of iOS devices. Here is the compatibility card:
- iOS 7 to iOS 7.1.2
- iOS 8 to iOS 8.4.1
- iOS 9 to iOS 9.3.5
- iOS 10 to iOS 10.3.3
- iOS 11 to iOS 11.4
You can very well see that it is compatible with a wide range of firmware versions, making it compatible with a large number of iOS devices.
However, it is not yet available on iOS 12.
Here is the list of what you need:
- A jailbroken, compatible iOS device (iPhone, iPad or even iPod Touch).
HOW TO DOWNLOAD & INSTALL SNOWBOARD ON IOS
Here are the detailed instructions to get this on your jailbroken iOS devices:
- Open Cydia.
- Tap the Sources tab.
- Tap Edit.
- Open Add.
- Enter the following URL: https://repo.chariz.io (please note that this step is optional if you have iOS 11 or higher version. This is the default source in Electra jailbreak. It is for the devices running a lower version.
- Now open the Search option and type in “SnowBoard” (without quotes).
- You should now see the Snowboard package icon. This option is within the Chariz repository. Tap the package
- Tap Modify on the top-right of the screen.
- A prompt slides out from the bottom of the screen. Tap Install.
- Installation will now start.
- Tap the option confirm on the top-right again.
- When prompted, tap the option restart SpringBoard.
- You need to restart for the changes to apply.
- Return to the home-screen of your iOS device. If you see the snowfall animation on your home-screen, it means that this tweak on iOS was successfully installed.
For some reason, the Snowboard service does not come with a stock app. That’s a departure from Anemone. A dedicated app makes things a little easier.
However, it is still easy to use Snowboard. You can do it from the Settings of your jailbroken iOS device. Follow the steps below:
- Open Settings on your jailbroken iOS.
- Open the Snowboard option.
- Make sure the ‘Enabled’ switch is turned on.
- Tap the option ‘Select Theme…’ underneath the Enabled option.
- You will now see a list of the themes.
- Long press a theme to select it. Now drag the selected them in the section under the Enabled option.
- There are many themes to choose from.
You may now return to the device home-screen where you will see that the theme has been applied.
This part is easy too. Here is what you need to do:
- Open Settings app again on your jailbroken device.
- Go to Snowboard settings.
- Tap ‘Icon Options…’.
- Choose the available options on the next screen. You will sliders too, which you can adjust by swiping left or right.
This tweak lets you change any icon separately without having to change all other icons. Here is what you need to do:
- Go to the device home-screen and long press the item (app or service; it could be any icon) whose icon you wish to change.
- This will lead you to the Edit Mode.
- Tap twice on the icon that you want to change.
- You should now see the interface to customize the icons.
- You can now select from one of the available options.
- All Icons.
Snowboard is a great tool to change the appearance of your iOS device. It is very battery friendly eventually consuming less battery resources compared to Anemone. It can make your iOS look aesthetically more pleasing. Such customizations are only available if you are using a jailbroken device. Go ahead and try this tweak.Follow Us