Trolldrop is a new Cydia tweak allows us to flood Airdrops among devices connected to same network. Here’s how to download, install , and use this tweak on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch devices.
Airdrop is a built-in feature for iOS devices allows us to share files between two iOS devices. We can also use this features to transfer files between iOS to Mac and vice versa. Airdrop only allows to transfer files between two devices. It is not possible to transfer any file from one iOS device to several iOS devices at a time using built-in Airdrop. This is exactly where Trolldrop Cydia tweak comes in.
HOW TROLLDROP CYDIA TWEAK WORKS?
This tweaks improves the built-in Airdrop feature by adding more features to it. It allows us to send any file from one iOS device to multiple iOS devices connected to same Airdrop network with a single click. We can share all kind of files like images, videos, links, documents etc. We can also set multiple Airdrops among the iDevices with specific time gap between each Airdrop.
Currently there is no GUI for this tweak. We need to use this tweak from command line.
HOW TO INSTALL TROLLDROP ON IOS
- Jailbroken iPhone/iPad
- Terminal iOS App
- Internet connection
- Filza app
Before going to install this application, Make sure your iDevice is compatible with this tweak. Here’s the list of all compatible devices.
Trolldrop tweak is compatible iOS devices running between iOS 10 to iOS 11.3.1. It is only compatible with 64 bit devices. Older devices running on 32 bit won’t compatible it.
Note: There is an issue while installing this app on iPad 7th generation device though it is 64 but running on iOS 11.
Just follow the instructions given below to install the tweak without any error.
- Open Cydia on your iPhone/iPad.
- Select Sources. Tap Edit followed by Add.
- Enter the Repo address given below in the prompt appeared and hit Add Sources option.
- Now go to search bar and search for Trolldrop package.
- Once you find the package, Select it and tap install option at the top right corner of the screen.
- Installation process will be finished in a minute or two.
- Now restart the springboard to ensure all changes taken place.
As there is no GUI for this tweak, We can’t use this tweak right away. As of now, This tweak is completely based on command line. Here’s how we can use this tweak.
As we are using command to use this tweak, We should the each variable in the command. The command is as follows
trolldrop <path> [recharge seconds=10]
In this command,
- Trolldrop calling function which is fixed.
- Path stands for complete path of a file in file system you want to share. One can also use URL in the path. The file is not necessarily stored in the device.
- Recharge Seconds is time duration between successive Airdrops.
To share standard stored files,
troll drop file:///var/mobile/troll.jpg 0
To share external files,
troll drop https://url.com/ 15
Follow the simple instructions given below to excute these commands without any issue.
- Open the Terminal on your iPhone/iPad.
- Login to Terminal as an Administrator. Make sure Terminal is opened in root directory.
- Open Filza file manager on your iOS device. Navigate to the location where desired file (File you want to share) is located. Select the file and copy its path to clipboard.
- Now type trolldrop followed by space on Terminal. Tap and hold on terminal interface. You can see paste option. Simple tap it to paste the path of file followed by a space. Now you can input Recharge seconds and hit enter.
- It will automatically Airdrop the file to all devices connected the Airdrop network.
To send and receive Airdrops, We must turn on Wifi, Bluetooth and Airdrop options on the device.
The only issue that was found is, This tweak does not give any warning to nonexistent files when we input even invalid path address.
- Fixing nonexistent file issue.
- Nice GUI for the tweak.
- Airdrop to selected devices.
- Feature to hide phone name.
Apart from small issues, Trolldrop is a great tweak to flood Airdrops to all devices in the same network. Try this tweak once. I am sure you like it. If you have any issues, comment below. We are happy to help you.Follow Us