A whole lot of users apparently aren’t quite fond of the popular Electra Jailbreak. They have complained of stability and reliability issues. Thankfully, there is a new jailbreak call Unc0ver, which promises not just to be an alternative to Electra, it is also more stable and trustworthy.
Jailbreaking your iOS could be a little tricky to say the least. Even though the process seems simple, the execution isn’t always a one-shot thing. You may have to try repeatedly for the jailbreak to be successful. But, I have noticed that Unc0ver needs fewer attempts than any other jailbreak I have tried in the past. That’s my experience. I have a feeling yours will be the same. So, let’s get started.
Alternative app: How to get panda helper on iOS 11 get Cydia experience on iPhone/iPad without jailbreak
- It is compatible with more iOS 11 versions than Electra.
- It is clearly more stable and offers better performance.
- Offers you your favorite Cydia exploits.
- Doesn’t tamper with your device data (although I recommend taking the device backup before starting the jailbreak).
Unc0ver is an iOS 11 jailbreak. So, any device running this version or any of its iterations can be jail broken using the method I have demonstrated in this guide.
This brings a whole range of iOS devices to the purview including:
- iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X.
- iPhone 7, 7 Plus, iPhone 6, 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, 6s Plus that have upgraded to iOS 11.
- Any iPads or iPod Touch devices that are on iOS 11.
Let’s quickly cover the list of all the items you need to jailbreak your iOS device so that we have them handy when needed.
- A computer (Mac or Windows) with internet connection.
- Cydia Impactor
- USB lightning cable.
- Your iOS device (of course).
- Siri disabled.
- Your iOS in airplane mode during jailbreak.
Cydia Impactor is a computer application that helps side-load the third-party IPA files onto your iOS device. It is supported on Windows and Mac OS platforms.
Unc0ver jailbreak is also a third-party app and we will source its IPA file later.
First, download Cydia Impactor from www.cydiaimpactor.com for your computer OS.
Note: Cydia Impactor is a portable application and does not require installation
HOW TO JAILBREAK IOS 11 – IOS 11.4 WITH CONC0VER
Now you are all set to install the jailbreak on your device. Here are the steps:
- Download the Unc0ver IPA file on your computer from the this link.
- Connect your iPhone (or whichever iOS device you are using) to the computer with the lightning USB cable.
- Launch Cydia Impactor on your computer.
- Wait for Cydia Impactor to detect your device. When detected, your device name will appear on the Impactor interface.
- Now drag the Unc0ver IPA file and drop it on the Cydia Impactor interface.
- If prompted, enter your Apple ID and Passcode.
- Wait for the impactor to finish installing Unc0ver IPA on your iOS device.
- When the installation is finished, unplug your device from the computer.
Now, the rest of the steps need to be followed on your iOS device:
- Open the Unc0ver jailbreak app from the iOS home-screen.
- You should see the message ‘Untrusted Enterprise Developer’.
- Open iOS Settings.
- Tap General.
- If required, tap your Apple ID (in some devices).
- Open Profiles & Device Management (or just Devices or Device Management in older devices).
- Tap the app’s profile.
- Select Trust option (followed by the app’s profile name).
- Tap Trust again when prompted.
IPA jailbreak app is not signed. You can use it to jailbreak your device.
Now that you have learned how to install Unc0ver jailbreak app, you will now want to know how to use it to actually jail break the device. Here are the steps:
- Open the the app and wait for at least 30 seconds before you follow the next step.
- Tap the Jailbreak button in the middle of the screen.
- Allow the Unc0ver app to reboot your iOS device.
- Wait for the reboot to finish.
- When the device is rebooted, Rollectra will launch.
- Wait for Rollectra to finish its job (removing settings and tweaks). Please be assured none of your device data will be tampered with (such as your existing apps, videos, photos).
- This takes a few minutes (7-8 minutes). Be patient.
- When that’s done, launch the app again. Wait for at least 30 seconds again.
- Tap Jailbreak button.
- Exploitations will thus start and during the process the jailbreak will perform operations to grant you root access to the iOS device.
- You may be asked to reboot the device during the ‘exploiting’ process. Reboot the device whenever prompted. You may need to reboot multiple times for the jailbreak to be successful. Every time the device reboots, follow the steps 7 to 10.
- Once the jailbreak is successful, Cydia will be installed on your iOS device.
Once you have Cydia installed, you gain access to all the amazing tweaks, apps, modified apps, games, free games and a lot more. Unc0ver is the latest jailbreak app and I like it more than Electra. I hope it continues offering same level of stability and performance in the future. It is worth a try!Follow Us