YouPIP is a Cydia tweak that allow users to bring Picture in Picture mode on iOS. This post is all about how to download, Install, and Use this app on iPhone/iPad devices.
If you an Android user, You might have familiar with YouPIP mode as Youtube has already integrated this feature on latest Android devices running on Android Oreo. iOS users need to wait some more time to get this feature on native iOS app. But, you don’t need to wait until Youtube releases this feature for iOS If you install YouPIP tweak on your iPhone/iPad devices.
For people not familiar with Youtube Picture in Picture features, This feature allow us to watch any Youtube Video in small window. This features helps us in multi tasking (We can run Youtube video along side of other applications.). Check the demo video given below to understand it better.
- YouPIP is compatible with all iOS devices running between iOS 11 to iOS 11.4 beta 3.
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch device (Must be running on Firmware mentioned above).
- It can only be installed on iDevices jailbroken with Electra and installed Cydia.
Youtube may add this feature to native iOS app in near future. If you want to check this feature before its official release YouPIP tweak is there is bring that experience.
This tweak alone won’t work properly. We need to install some support tweaks to make this tweak function efficiently. Here’s a complete tutorial on how to install it properly.
Download YouPIP Tweak for iOS (iPhone/iPad):
We basically need to install two dependencies before we install actual package. Go through the procedure given below install it without any error.
- Launch Cydia.
- Tap Sources. Click on Edit option and add http://repo.bingner.com repo.
- Search for Plutil package and install it.
- In a similar way, Go and add https://apt.alfhaily.me and install Cercube V4 tweak. As you all know Cercube allow us to play Youtube videos in background. You can also try any Youtube tweaks which has background playing feature.
- Now, get back to sources and add https://spicat.github.io/.
- Search for ForeInPicture tweak and install it.
- In the same way, search for YouPIP and install it. These two tweak are from Spicat repo only.
- Now restart the springboot.
Now we installed all packages. Its time for us to set it up properly so that it will function efficiently. Have a glance on the step given below to setup Youtube PIP mode on iOS devices.
How to Setup Native Youtube PIP mode on iOS 11:
- Launch Youtube app on your iPhone/iPad.
- Tap on your account picture (You can find it on top right corner of the screen.) and open Settings.
- You can find Picture-in-Picture option there. Move the toggle to right to enable it.
- As already mentioned this enabling this feature alone won’t help us to get Picture-in-Picture mode on your iOS devices. We need to enable the back ground feature before we can make use of PIP feature.
- Cercube has BackGround Playing option enabled by default . If you have tried any other Youtube tweaks for background playing make sure background play feature is enabled.
Now we all set to use YouPIP tweak. If you are not Picture-in-Picture feature user previously (Either on Desktop or Android), Probably you many not know how to use it. Here’s how to use it.
How to Use Youtube Picture-in-Picture Mode on iOS:
YouPIP tweak does not offer any special button to make use of this PIP mode. Of course, there is no special button for PIP mode either on Desktop as well as on Android device. The only way to get into this mode is by dismissing the app while watching any video.
- Open Youtube app.
- Play any video.
- Simply tap home button. It will automatically enter into PIP mode.
- Now you can see video is still playing in small window on one corner of screen.
You can make use of five controllers given on PIP mode screen.
Window button: This button will help us to get back to app.
Close button: This feature will close the app.
Pause button: To pause video. Tap the same button to resume the video.
Slide Gesture: To slide the video left or right corner. You can also hide the video by completely sliding video beyond screen.
Tap Gesture: To move the window across the screen.
This is all about how to download, Install, and use of YouPIP tweak to enable Youtube Picture-in-picture mode on iOS. If you have any issues, while using this app, drop a comment below. We love to help you.Follow Us